Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Applying Custom Tilesets to Custom Creatures  (Read 882 times)

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Applying Custom Tilesets to Custom Creatures
« on: August 16, 2009, 10:37:13 am »

In short, how do you?

Currently using Mayday's custom tileset.
What I want to do is give 1 creature the same tileset as a bronze collossus, and for a custom race to use the same tilesets as humans do.

Quite frankly, I havn't a clue what to do. I tried changing the [TITLE:'X'] in the raws but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any helps would be much appreciated, thanks!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Applying Custom Tilesets to Custom Creatures
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 10:51:31 am »

Open graphics_mayday.txt and find "TILE_PAGE:HUMANS". Copy everything from there down to the elf entry (naturally titled TILE_PAGE:ELVES), go to the bottom of the file, and paste.
Now change the "HUMANS" after TILE_PAGE to whatever you want (I don't think it has a significant effect, it's just a tag, and probably wants to be unique, so the name of the race is logical).
Finally, change "[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:HUMAN]" to "[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:xyz]", where xyz is the name of the *creature* entry of your new race (not the entity).

For the colossus, you'll need to do nearly the same thing: find "[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:COLOSSUS_BRONZE]", make a copy, and change COLOSSUS_BRONZE to whatever the creature's called.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 11:00:14 am »

It works! Thank you!!

em...not to appear ungrateful or anything, but is there any way to change the colour of the colossus to white / gray? If not, thanks anyways.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 11:07:10 am »

Not without adjusting the sprite, or making a new one.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 11:22:50 am »

ah well, can't have everything.
Thanks a lot though  ;)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 06:19:59 pm »

Actually, adjusting the sprite should be very easy. just put it into paint and greyscale it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei