Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unreal Kombat  (Read 963 times)

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
Unreal Kombat
« on: August 16, 2009, 07:55:51 pm »

So I got back into Unreal World and have been playing quite a bit lately. Today I tried the lonely settler starting condition because I find it easy. As usual I made it only a few weeks before being beaten to death by some random Scandinavian. But this death was special. I came home to my settlement to find a foreign trader present and he was sleeping. I quickly whipped up a club and began landing blows like mad. He grabbed his shortsword but I quickly disarmed him. I continued landing blow after blow on his squishy head and arms. He had been beaten to his last limb and still hadn't been able to even touch me when suddenly his buddy comes rushing from the trees. Now I turned to look so both traders were in my sight. As soon as I did that this crazy trader that hadn't hit me for over two hours lands a chuck norris esque kick to my chest. I collapsed and died. I could just hear his words as I passed out: MORTAL KOMBAT!

So, does anyone else have any truly surprising combat stories from games that aren't DF?
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal Kombat
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 08:06:15 pm »

I was playing BattleShips Forever with some custom ships of mine. The one I was using had some 4000 hp, flak guns and defence lasers all over the front, enough to stop several hundred projectiles all at once. It had 4 deflectors for every section on the ship. It had enough gatling blasters to coat it's firing range in red projectile. For fun, I made the enemy ship be a little 2 section boat with 2 railguns. By some miracle of the RNG, it manages to pierce the shielded sections, hit the piece surrounding the core, and break it. All the other pieces were tied to it, so the whole fucking ship exploded.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 08:50:47 pm »

And now i must download battleships forever. Looks like an awsome game.

As for an epic battle, I would have to say Team Fortress 2. I got everyone to go heavy and found out that 10 miniguns is an effective way to stop ANYTHING.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 08:58:06 pm »

10 miniguns does sound fun.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 12:03:33 pm »

I remember playing halo 3 with my brother, when one ape goes after him with a hammer and is fully invincible. My brother got cornered, the brute starts winding up and I manage to melee the guy from behind. This negated the invincibility, presumably because I crushed his spine, and sent his corpse flying towards my brother, who promptly freaked out. Did I mention he is ten years older than me, and used to beat me in video games as a kid?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 12:09:48 pm »

In Halo 1, an Elite Zealot sent out his Stealth soldiers as Scouts to find me and my friend. When they located us, he sent in the Wraiths to open fire, and his Ghosts flanked us. He was so awesome, we gave him a name: "Pwned 'Usoomee"
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 12:46:49 pm »

Mine includes smacking the mountain-sized Lao-Shan Lung from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite in the face with a hammer. Just imagine a mouse hitting an elephant and the elephant collapsing.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 11:43:45 pm »

You guys are talking about your own moments of badassery but I'm asking for stories where you were demolished by someone who shouldn't have even hurt you.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 12:16:49 am »

You guys are talking about your own moments of badassery but I'm asking for stories where you were demolished by someone who shouldn't have even hurt you.

I screamed when I was attacked by a rat in Morrowind.
<_<

>_>
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 12:17:36 am »

Hmm... Well, I remember, way back in the day, I was playing Civilization (the first one). I was at war with the Chinese, and I had them on the run. Until my vast army of armor and mechanized infantry confronted the mightiest of all units, the Settler. I think I ended up losing 4 of each to that guy before I got him.

They were obviously very well armed settlers.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 12:24:22 am »

Does getting killed by a random archer after taking down an army of 200 and a lord in Mount&Blade count?

(I killed about 70% by myself, after my 50 horse archers got slaughtered. Makes the defeat all the worse.)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 03:02:10 am »

Civilization 2. Aircraft carrier vs Ironclad. Nuff said.