Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: When do raw mods take effect?  (Read 505 times)

Bjiip

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Worldsmith
    • View Profile
When do raw mods take effect?
« on: August 14, 2009, 12:24:22 am »

I changed goblins, adding [DAMBLOCK:100].

I then loaded up a game where I had caged goblins and released some.  I couldn't tell the difference (and my dwarf's strength+skill is less than 100).  Do these changes only take effect upon creature spawning, or something?  I tried deleting the data/objects too.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: When do raw mods take effect?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 02:47:59 am »

They take effect. Damblock:100 should give them a HUGE boost in countering attacks. They still can be strangled to death without any difference, and critical strikes ignore damblock too. So I think it doesn't matter when a fast skilled dwarf fights such a goblin.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 02:50:10 am »

If you really wanted to make them invincible, you should've given them [SIZE:100].

PaperJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 02:50:59 am »

Have you tried making a new world

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 02:52:03 am »

It still doesn't counter an ability to recieve a pierced lung against a crossbow, but in any other case it will cause them to ignore any normal attack and will make them insta-gib any of your champion if they don't block the attack.

If you really wanted to make them invincible, you should've given them [SIZE:100].
Creature editing works without re-gen. You can even change their bodies on-the-fly.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Bjiip

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Worldsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 03:38:41 am »

Interesting.  Do dwarves sometimes wrestle, even when told to attack with hammer or sword?  Or do war dogs grapple and thus nullify the damblock somehow?  In my test, I used a hammerdwarf, a swordsdwarf, and war dogs.  (And the dwarves were trained in wrestling.)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 04:29:52 am »

Swordsdwarf could have his weapon stuck and wrestle then, but I think he just pieced a lung/a heart with a critical strike. Also if he landed a single hit he could twist the sword in the wound and make the goblin pass out. If you add [NOPAIN], it makes a creature to be ten times more dangerous, because a common way to kill a dragon is to make him pass out and then do anything with him.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬