Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Flying Goblins  (Read 775 times)

Pkassad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Flying Goblins
« on: August 13, 2009, 10:35:55 am »

Is is possible to make goblins fly?  It would make them epiclly more entertaining to fight.  If so how.
Yes but then the three children hanging off her will catch fire.
And that's stopped people before...?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Flying Goblins
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 10:49:56 am »

Add a  [FLIER] tag, and if you want, add wings to their body.

However you should know that they will "fly over" open spaces and objects only if there's a valid ground path (pathfinding works this way), also be ready to snipe "stuck in the sky" goblins which scare all civillians around the map (again, flying pathfinding is somewhat bugged so creatures sometimes are stuck in mid-air and don't know where to move so they just hover there).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Pkassad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 11:33:21 am »

Add a  [FLIER] tag, and if you want, add wings to their body.

However you should know that they will "fly over" open spaces and objects only if there's a valid ground path (pathfinding works this way), also be ready to snipe "stuck in the sky" goblins which scare all civillians around the map (again, flying pathfinding is somewhat bugged so creatures sometimes are stuck in mid-air and don't know where to move so they just hover there).

If I made beakdogs fly would the goblins ride them in still?  So their mounts fly :D.  And how could I make goblins close to in power/strength as Mega Beasts?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 11:36:13 am by Pkassad »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 11:52:42 am »

And how could I make goblins close to in power/strength as Mega Beasts?
Copy a megabeast over the goblin item and change all the non-power/strength bits back to goblinesque settings (...you did make a backup copy for reference, of course...) until happy?

That's the obvious alternative to poking the odd megabeast settings into the goblin items until satisfied, given that the former method works best if you're better at knowing what a goblin isn't than what it is (i.e. stop when you no longer think it isn't, and revery the next most appropriate settings when you find a goblin doing something you don't think it ought to be doing).

(Don't mind me, I may occasionally browse the raws, but apart from setting it up so I could use War Elephants once I've never actually altered anything.)

PaperJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 12:08:55 pm »

psst, here's a tip, make the goblins size 100

Pkassad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 12:12:05 pm »

And how could I make goblins close to in power/strength as Mega Beasts?
Copy a megabeast over the goblin item and change all the non-power/strength bits back to goblinesque settings (...you did make a backup copy for reference, of course...) until happy?

That's the obvious alternative to poking the odd megabeast settings into the goblin items until satisfied, given that the former method works best if you're better at knowing what a goblin isn't than what it is (i.e. stop when you no longer think it isn't, and revery the next most appropriate settings when you find a goblin doing something you don't think it ought to be doing).

(Don't mind me, I may occasionally browse the raws, but apart from setting it up so I could use War Elephants once I've never actually altered anything.)

Thanks, I am trying to make the goblins somewhat difficult for even the highest skilled champions xD