Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chairs?  (Read 580 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Chairs?
« on: August 12, 2009, 12:03:18 pm »

I was wondering... If I created a park-like area in my fortress, complete with tower-cap trees, waterfalls and benches(chairs), would the dwarves sit on these benches during their idle/break time? Or would they just stand around doing nothing?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
Re: Chairs?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 12:25:33 pm »

Make it a meeting hall? (use i to assign zones), or put a table somewhere and declare the entire thing a dining hall :)
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 02:18:46 pm »

They wouldn't actually use the chairs, but if you put some chairs near some statues you can turn the area into a tsatue garden, designated from the statue. Then the dwarves will hang around looking at the statue.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 02:20:04 pm »

Yet they will party until they die.

Trowzers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 09:54:22 pm »

I've found that if you put chairs in tombs (or if a noble demands, say a platinum throne in there) the dwarves often decide it's a nifty place for lunch.  Even if you have a legendary dining room sitting empty closer to the food stores.

Always nice to see a dwarf chowing down on a nice rat or lizard, right over the rotting corpse of a drowned dwarf baby (learning to make wells is fun!)