Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The temple of MAGMA!  (Read 2353 times)

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The temple of MAGMA!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 10:22:09 pm »

EGADS! A DISASTER!

http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-17074-failure

a floodgate was hooked up improperly, causing massive flooding and necessitating that i share the map with you before the big surprise is completed! NO, DON'T LOOK FOR IT! instead cruse on over to the city to see the flooding there (POI should be on the sidebar for the city, titled "the unfinished city").

in other news Goden (the mother of the fort) is up to 33 children. 2 of which have been drafted to replace lost miners, and are the first of her kids to wear a color other than a shade of blue. no incestuous love interests yet. . . .
Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 07:39:55 pm »

well, that is the final tragedy. i had worked up the underground city, fully dug out and smoothed, with furniture going in, as well as started the foundations of a new fortress on the mountain (in the open space by he south east corner) when my game crashed. i lost 3 or 4 in game years of work. this tragedy i will not recover from. i have the save files, as well as backups for anyone who wants to continue. most of the levers are well labeled, the ones that are not are not dangerous or are unused. i will upload the final version to the map archive, and i can upload the saves if there is a request. i know there are a few people who like to play on mature maps. Goden was up to 36 or 37 kids, but that may have changed since all those years were lost. anyone interested in seeing if she will hit 50?

there are a total of about 50 dorfs, 80,000 unused stone that was going to be put into building an above ground city, a small towercap farm that was going to be expanded into the cavern to the west of the UG city. the cavern has not been cleared of the floors yet, some work will have to be done to get the collapse right. other than that this is a fully functonal and prosperous fortress. i do not remember if i got the map off the forums or if i genned it myself, but maybe someone will recognize it.

C'est la vie
Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz

Nexii Malthus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 09:11:13 pm »

Why on gods earth would you intentionally not enable seasonal, or at least annual, auto-backups?

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 09:47:45 pm »

Why on gods earth would you intentionally not enable seasonal, or at least annual, auto-backups?

Why isnt this the default?
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 10:08:53 pm »

because i did not know about them until just now? those would have helped. . . . right in the init file too. . .
Pages: 1 [2]