Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another Combined Graphics/Tile set.  (Read 695 times)

cboyd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Another Combined Graphics/Tile set.
« on: August 11, 2009, 05:25:45 am »

I pieced together a "new" collection of graphics settings.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1323

This mainly combines Ranting Rodent and Mike Mayday's sets.  Most of what I did was editing the raws so that the two sets work well together, Mayday's set giving vermin graphics, and Ranting Rodent's set giving mineral graphics.

The Creature graphics are almost entirely from Ranting Rodent's set.  With the exception of a couple missing ones that I took from Mayday's set, and the enterprising Dwarves themselves.  I used the dwarves from Mayday's set because I find them easier to distinguish in-game, although I may just be more accustomed to them.

I also took tiles from some other sets if I personally thought they were better looking.  Most notably the walls from Spreggo's Autonomous set.  These I edited to fit the floor.

My plans for future versions are to try out/give options for different sets of walls and fonts for the actual text.  (Particularly the walls, I think I'll have a version with thicker walls very shortly.)  But more importantly, if I start using any mods regularly, then I will make these same sort of cosmetic edits to the raws so that this set can be used.  And will share those as a new version unless the mod's author doesn't want me distributing modified copies of their work.

I intend to make a version for Dig Deeper shortly.

If anyone finds any bugs, or has suggestions different tiles that may look better, I'd be happy to hear them.

Again, credit goes to RantingRodent, Mike Mayday, Spreggo, and the other tileset authors listed in the README.

A few sample screens: http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/User:Cboyd

Also:  Unless I misunderstand how this works, the edits that I made to the raws shouldn't prevent you from using saves that aren't using this set.  So this should be usable for succession games and that sort of thing.  I think that what usually skrews those up is when people throw in the economic stone mod.  If you wanted to make this compatible with a Mayday Graphics Pack save then I think all you would need to do is add the reaction_all_economic.txt file to the raws.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 07:45:04 am by cboyd »