Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with mapgen...  (Read 413 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Help with mapgen...
« on: August 10, 2009, 07:35:50 pm »

Alright, well I got an idea for my first megaproject: A dome made exclusively out of black bronze and clear glass, under the ocean. However, I'm having trouble finding a suitable spot to build on. In particular, it needs:

1) A magma pipe. Large quantities of magma will be needed to make obsidian walls to keep the water at bay while construction is under way. Having magma forges and glass furnaces doesn't hurt either with the large quantity of metal and glass going into the construction.
2) A forest, should be a decent size. I'll need a LOT of pearlash. Beds and other stuff is nice as well.
3) An ocean. Self explanatory. Tropical would be preferred.
4) Sand. This is pretty common by oceans, though I've seen a few beaches without sand.

If possible, it would also be nice to have:

1) A chasm/bottomless pit - easy way to drain the water.
2) Underground river, for TC farms. More wood means things go faster.
3) Deposits of copper, silver and gold, to make the black bronze.

I tried setting up a custom parameters map with increased volcanism and temperature, but it rejected 500-something worlds before I quit. Any ideas how to get a world like this?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help with mapgen...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 08:49:30 pm »

let the rejection go to 1000 then you get a message that asks if you want to ignore errors and is you select ignore all then you can have a world that is pure maga/ocean/desert whatever you want.
Nom nom nom

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: Help with mapgen...
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 09:15:51 pm »

Mine goes to 512 before giving me the error message, and then I press p (screw realism, I want this world my way) and it does it within 2 or 3 gens. Can you alter this number?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.