Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good or bad luck?  (Read 586 times)

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Good or bad luck?
« on: August 12, 2009, 05:44:56 am »

I'd been doing some exploratory mining to try and find all the features on my map ( it's permafrozen, so I kinda needed either the magma pipe or the UG for some water)

I found a chasm sometime in my digging, and so continued digging. I had two miners, working on opposite sides of my tunnels. With no less than 3 seconds between them, I discovered both the UG and the magma pipe. Both almost flooded the connecting tunnels, save for the cautionary doors I build at all the intersections to counter just this kinda thing.

I also know my dining room is almost directly above the HFS. I'm dreading what'll happen when I breach it.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Good or bad luck?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 05:50:31 am »

Fun will happen. This fun must be recorded. For maximum fun, fill the dining room with dwarves first.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 06:23:04 am »

For incredibly maximized fun, dig a channel leading to HFS from your dining hall.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 11:50:10 am »

and so, the demons dined on tasty dwarf meat
UristMcSurvivor: It was terrible,
UristMcReporter: well you sound like a pussy
UristMcSurvivor: STFU BEFORE I PWN YOU WITH MY LEGENDARY HAMMER SKILL NOOOOOOOOB
Hello Hunam