Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Will my dorfs kill each other while sparring?  (Read 1685 times)

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Will my dorfs kill each other while sparring?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 08:13:29 pm »

I give all my recruits armor and shield (the best I have available at the time) and have them wrestle until they become champions.  Once they're champion, I give them their real weapon.

Out of the 62 dwarves in the current fort who have gotten to champion (orc mod, yay!) over three years, 3 have died from sparring, and 3 have had nerve injuries from sparring that necessitated them becoming marksdwarves.  So roughly 1/10 for me.
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 08:15:42 pm »

My dorfs just kinda dumped his corpse in the graveyard, but is any way to put him in a coffin (too upset to check wiki :'()?  He deserves a hero's burial for his bravery in our battle against the fire imps.

Build a coffin as normal (I usually build mine out of rock at a mason's workshop, but if you want to go extravagant...), place it as normal, then 'q' over it and one of the options will be to use it for 'b'urial.  A dwarf will, at some point, drag the poor sod's body to the coffin and say last rites.

But, if you're getting emotionally attached to your peons, you might be playing the wrong game...
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 08:26:58 pm »

Nah, I'm not getting attached, just wanna give the poor little guy a proper rest  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]