Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Modding in a creature that doesnt move  (Read 1321 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Modding in a creature that doesnt move
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 12:24:04 pm »

The only thing I can think of is to make sure they have no limbs which can be used for walking. Even dwarves with no arms or legs can somehow drag themselves around with their teeth, but they're not very fast, so if you manage to make your plant-creatures mimic that then that should be adequate.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2009, 12:29:14 pm »

I dont mind, as they curently slaugter whole herds of beak dogs without a scratch. this might have something to do with being size 17, they are supposed to stun their pray anyway.  but i can see where it would be a problem, it would however work for the volcanic version whos only weapon is its own death.

They have a head and a body... does that mean they are dragging themselves around using their Caps? I think it might just be the bug, and they are jumping... which is scary on its own, a size 17 fungus jumping at you... *shivers*

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 12:30:07 pm »

The only thing I can think of is to make sure they have no limbs which can be used for walking. Even dwarves with no arms or legs can somehow drag themselves around with their teeth, but they're not very fast, so if you manage to make your plant-creatures mimic that then that should be adequate.

Setting [SPEED] to something high would do the same thing. Ground speed and attacking speed can't be seperated in-game, so removing legs will also make them prone to getting killed.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 04:26:19 am »

Removing legs also will make them to have 1/2 of their fighting possibilities, because an attack against a grounded opponent has 2x effect.
Although size 17 is sick. They are unkillable by most normal creatures.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 [2]