Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tycoon (Pen and Paper Space RPG)  (Read 3683 times)

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
Re: Tycoon (Pen and Paper Space RPG)
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 03:45:16 am »

Kind of like how every RTD I join is doomed to premature death.

Every.

Single.

One.

Ever.

I know what that's like. The first one I joined got locked for reasons unknown, right after I posted my action for the 2nd turn, and the second one... Well, I'm not too sure about the second one. *Looks at Little*
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 04:28:15 am »

Heyheyhey.

It's gonna happen. I swear.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 01:56:18 am »

If you guys like it, you can take it. Just, um, don't exactly sell it. Some of the stuff in that PDF file might get you in trouble with copyright law if they are being sold.

The game looks great, and I'd be interested in knowing if this was based on a different game.  It actually sounds more like a board game than an RPG, although Roleplaying is more fun.

You'll be happy to know that it's sitting on my hard drive right now.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 12:54:18 pm »

If you guys like it, you can take it. Just, um, don't exactly sell it. Some of the stuff in that PDF file might get you in trouble with copyright law if they are being sold.

The game looks great, and I'd be interested in knowing if this was based on a different game.  It actually sounds more like a board game than an RPG, although Roleplaying is more fun.

Well, most of the graphics and descriptions and military units came from some turn-based strategy MMORPG. You play as a corporation trying to take over planets to boost your profit margins, and you wage war against other corporations. I wish I could remember the name, it had "Battle" in its name.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 12:55:51 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 01:23:30 pm »

I like the look of this, I'm currently trawling my way through the rules.

Pages: 1 [2]