Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d13] DF wont start  (Read 772 times)

CraftlordDark

• Escaped Lunatic
  • I only want to know where my skills can take me
    • View Profile
[40d13] DF wont start
« on: August 04, 2009, 09:54:26 pm »

Hi everyone...

I have a problem with the DF version 40d13, everytime i execute the "Dwarf Fortress.exe" the game wont start, but the program "Dwarf Fortress.exe" is executing in the "Windows Task" but no windows or screen appears, i tried to leave some time to see if the game start but no hope at all, do i have a problem with my windows?

My systems specs are...

Windows XP SP2
2 GB RAM
NVidia G-Force 8500
Intel Dual Core E2200 2.20 GHz

I hope anyone could help me ^^

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d13] DF wont start
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 09:56:11 pm »

Open up \data\init\init.txt and check your [WINDOWED:PROMPT] setting to see if it says that or something else. The game should be prompting you to run in fullscreen or not. See if changing it to YES or NO helps.

Are you sure it's not showing up in the taskbar, even? And is it using a lot of CPU?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

CraftlordDark

• Escaped Lunatic
  • I only want to know where my skills can take me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 11:56:23 pm »

Yes!!! Thank you!!!! ^^
Now it works perfectly ^^ I changed the Windowed to Yes and even the others versions of DF works ^^ Thank you very much ^^
Now i can play with a little more speed the game ^^

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 05:54:00 pm »

I'm having a similar problem, but changing that thing in the init to yes or no doesn't help. It worked before, with older versions. I tried reverting back to D12 but it didn't help.

It has been a while since I played though. Could it be because of the graphics drivers I updated at some point?

When I click on the dwarf fortress exe, nothing seems to happen. When the init windowed setting is set to prompt I don't even get the prompt. If I look in the windows task manager I see that the Dwarf Fortress process is in there, taking up a little below 10 MB in the memory, and constantly taking up 50% of the CPU power (because it's a dual core). No matter how long I wait nothing appears.

Do I need to install OpenGL or something like that?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 05:51:32 am by carebear »