Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] [awesome!] Tame imps are still hostile to elves  (Read 1395 times)

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] [awesome!] Tame imps are still hostile to elves
« on: August 01, 2009, 03:39:53 am »

So I've embarked in an area with a magma pipe. To help increase imp population and make magma pipes more dangerous, I've added the tag to allow imps to breed.

This has results in such a massive infestation of fire imps that I've had to just seal off the entire magma pipe and access it entirely with mechanically powered pumps. My army of champions has been driven back numerous times.  :o

Because of this, I decided for a more long term approach. Cage traps! My dungeon master has been busy taming the fire imps.

However, those fire imps that were involved in combat prior will remain to be hostile even when tamed. Granted they are instantly cut down by my army, but still, they're hostile.

As an amusing bug is that the imps are selectively hostile.

I have about a dozen tame fire imps that are friendly to my dwarves...but they're incredibly, staggeringly aggressive to elves!

Swarms of fire imps descending upon the elven traders, flinging fireballs and causing elves to burst into flames.  :D

And then once thats done, they resume milling about in the meeting zone.

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] [awesome!] Tame imps are still hostile to elves
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 04:06:20 am »

This isn't a bug, it's a blessing! Pure win! Burn the elves!

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 05:26:36 am »

Upon further investigation, they seem to be hostile to all traders. However the dwarven caravan is making short work of the imps. :(

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 02:11:14 pm »

That's interesting.  Perhaps the game treats at-peace-with-nature creatures as a special case, and assumes that they're hostile toward any unnatural creature (e.g. a fire imp) without checking entity allegiances.

e: oh, ALL traders?  Then it's just the generic bug with underground ("map feature") creatures.  It's somewhat of a hard one to search for.

001082 □ [dwarf mode][pets]   (Report) tamed feature creatures can become hostile even without having previously attacked dwarves

My collection of reports of this bug
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 02:17:14 pm by Footkerchief »