Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hosting Image  (Read 594 times)

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
Hosting Image
« on: July 27, 2009, 11:28:10 am »

Hello everyone!
 just want to create a Story, but I can't put the Images in the post, I'm using the ASCII draw.
I will need to host?

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hosting Image
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 12:09:17 pm »

Yes, you will need to find someplace to host the images.

www.tinypic.com is a good free one.

Please be sure to check your eventual image solution for pop-ups, as there are plenty of free image hosting sites that do not use pop-ups or inappropriate advertising.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 12:18:08 pm »

To use a screenshot:

1) Take the screenshot by pressing alt-printscreen, paste it into MS Paint (or GIMP or Photoshop if you have one, which preserve quality better) and save it as a .png file.

2) Upload it to Tinypic or Photobucket. Tinypic is faster, but Photobucket is better for long-term storage. Imageshack is also similar to Photobucket, but I don't like it much.

3) Copy/paste the IMG link into the message entry box here. Put it in spoiler tags if it's large.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 06:48:42 pm »

I'm personally a user of Bayimg.com for quick photo uploads. Hosted by the Pirate Bay guys.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 10:50:45 pm »

I hate that service where they print ''Share this image on Twitter''. I think it was Tinypic or Imageshack, can't remember.

Also, yes. Bayimg is nice, thoug I use Photobucket instead just because I already have an acc there.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.