Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Humble request - tradable furniture  (Read 715 times)

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
Humble request - tradable furniture
« on: July 23, 2009, 07:32:57 am »

You can sell furniture but not buy it. Why?

Is it possible to mod races so they can bring you furniture? If yes, is anyone willing to do it, please?
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Goran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble request - tradable furniture
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 07:35:37 am »

Furniture is too heavy for efficient trade. IIRC heavier than raw materials its made from.

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 08:06:34 am »

That does not really matter. In later game you get so many wagons. And even if throne weights three times th weight of stone block, it has bigger value for me than 3 stone block (in lots of my games).

Besides I always wanted to try a little challenge - you must buy (and not make) as much as you can. Today it is no problem with all the food, drinks, materials, cloth, armor, ammo, weapons ... I miss only furniture. Then I believe I could make nice prospering fortress with only military and haulers, one legendary crafter (money maker) and one miner/mason/architect (building).

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 01:04:43 pm »

Hard-coded.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 01:36:31 pm »

Pity. Never mind, thank you for info.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 02:24:53 pm »

The answer to your weight problems is to modify the raws for wagon. Add a single 0 into it's weight capacity. This requires world regen.

DO NOT ADD MORE THAN ONE 0, because it will kill your fps. This is because the amount of items in the area affects fps and increasing the weight limit will increase the number of items the caravan will bring.... Increasing the wagon's carrying capacity by 10 is nothing compared to increasing the capacity by 100 for fps. Ergo...don't.

Note, this will also cause your broker to gain appraisal skills insanely quick.

Note, Make sure to increase the wagon's speed, because otherwise the amount of items will actually slow IT down. It will crawl across your screen towards your trade depot as easy prey for ambushes. It may be the case that they will take so long just getting to your depot that they will leave before they unload. Unless of course you WANT slow wagons to seize stuff from....

This solves the weight problem with trading; it does not make furniture something to trade in and of itself. For that you will need to mod the metagloss files if you even can. This may be hard coded. I am not sure. Will check.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 04:17:56 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.