Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moveable platforms and floating platforms  (Read 539 times)

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Please stop reading this, I will be banned if yo-
    • View Profile
Moveable platforms and floating platforms
« on: July 30, 2009, 11:41:45 pm »

Hey guys, I think it'd be a cool thing if say we could have moveable platforms such as a mine cart or a ferry?

My Idea is to have stones and wood types that float and rails to move things.

Moving Would be consisted of rails, gears and pullys,weights,cable lines.It'd be a nice thing if we could build these things in many different ways such as
"Rail floor"

=====

-------
======
"Rail Roof'
=====
------

=====
"Rail wall"*rail in forground
=====
------
=====
"Rail downwards"
=======
----------|
======= |
              |

As for water make some materials float so we can build rafts for stuff such as killing those frog men in that underground river thats killing my FPS or transporting goods to and from a mining site. It'd be nice if ALL ground/wall/floor titles can be moved.

Example:Like If I wanted to pour magma into different chambers to stop the U-tube affect from bursting my forges and simply to make 4 "blocks" to make obsidian from.Instead of building four different contraptions to deliver these things I could just build a "gun" that is carved from the "roof" of my fort that reloads and moves to the location of were I like to to eject magma and Ultimately pour down the magma.

*Will continue when not being asked to go to bed

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moveable platforms and floating platforms
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 08:12:19 am »

Please use the search feature in the future.  It's in the upper left of the page. :)