Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40d11- floating ramps bug and intermittent cancel dig:inapprorpiate square msg.  (Read 661 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, when I was tearing a mountain (more like three hills) from the ground up, I got a bunch of messages saying ___ was revealed and it made downward ramps get stuck in midair.

I did check the bug list and found the bug which correspondd to this. However, I'm getting a strange inappropriate dig square message intermittently. I only started getting this recently, so I don't think the floating ramps are triggering this. There is an old bug which was suppousedly fixed (the second one listed), I don't know if this is related or not. I'm trying a few things to see what is doing it, and I did do a remove designation on all levels just to be sure.

000472 □ [dwarf mode][constructions]   collapsing a building/terrain can leave a line of floating downward ramp symbols

000769 ▪ (0.28.181.39a) [dwarf mode][jobs][designations]    miners can cause adjacent plant jobs to become deselected (with inappropriate dig square cancellations)

Edit: Also, as for the floating ramps, once I finish getting my masons skilled up to legendary, I'll see if I can remove them somehow.

Edit2: You know what, I think this started at the same time I designated my TC farm for some weeding and the gatherers were, you know, gathering the shrubs. Now that most of the origionally designated area is finished, it has stopped. Maybe it has something to do with the density of the shrubs and all.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 04:29:29 pm by smjjames »