Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: This bodes well  (Read 1345 times)

koruth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This bodes well
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 03:50:44 pm »

Something like this?

Also, I made a duplicate save, abandoned the fort, and went back in Reclaim mode to see the embark text... I'm proud to say that I have confirmed Quietust's construct.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 04:04:19 pm by koruth »

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 04:16:39 pm »

So you have a bed of nails and an iron maiden. What's next, a table with hanging rings that can be used as a stretching rack?

This fortress is going to have the ultimate torture chamber.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 04:22:19 pm »

Or the best Erotica room ever, who knows?  ;D
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

koruth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 04:26:09 pm »

Certainly might help get the population up

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 04:29:42 pm »

Urist McMiner cancels Dig: Reproducing
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

koruth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 06:40:59 pm »

Welp, after a good 16 dorf-year run, Dwellingvines The Bald Angry Anus-Ace has fallen. 

The Dwarfs were digging out a magma pool over which we would build the epic 'torture' chamber mentioned earlier, and a tragic miscalculation fried the unfortunate miner involved.  Despite every dwarf having royal bedrooms, and the pleasant thoughts their legendary dining hall gives, this started an unsolvable tantrum spiral due to how well all the dorfs knew each other.  About 3 seasons' of raving madness later, all that was left was the child who crafted the artifact that started this whole thread.  In his melancholy, he threw himself into the still-filling magma pit at the bottom of the forming dungeon.

Total population of the fort before tantrum spiral: 25.  The first three of the children had just grown up, and were being trained as a team of a dedicated glassmaker, metalworker, and mechanic with which the fort would have made many dastardly traps, made an *epic* trap chamber, and finally let some trade caravans in through it so we could begin safely trading.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 06:42:36 pm by koruth »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 06:44:05 pm »

...huh. So much for suspected well-boding.

That picture is never going to stop haunting us now that it's been made though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 06:56:04 pm »

Alas, the Erotica Chamber is not meant to be...  :'(
Pages: 1 [2]