Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The torture of !!dwarves!!  (Read 922 times)

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
The torture of !!dwarves!!
« on: July 29, 2009, 11:27:32 pm »

So, in my latest spectacular magma failure, an imp started a fire before I could channel it off. A farmer was caught in the blaze and I watched him store the booze in the stockpile, completly fine, then run back and THEN catch on fire. This amused me, but what happened next horrified me. He got mangled on every single body part, without dying for several seconds! So, I was just wondering, does fire prevent bleeding and therefore take much longer to kill things, or is my dwarf (who has no toughness modifier) just very (un)lucky?
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The torture of !!dwarves!!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 12:49:01 am »

I think it all depends on which of his clothes caught fire; if all of them were on fire it would make sense that just about every part of the dwarf would be burned, but if only his trousers were on fire I think only his legs would get the burns and later die. From experiments on animals and children in adventurer mode, fires do not prevent bleeding but cause; however, as they usually do not manage to burn your organs you will take a few seconds to bleed to death.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
Re: The torture of !!dwarves!!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 02:15:12 am »

*Nods*

Two items of evidence:
I modded a weapon that does heat damage. The death message? Elf child has bled to death.
Also, playing as a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
burning elfs will make them die of bleeding OR dying in the heat: I suspect this difference is because if you set the ground beneath them on fire (outdoors), they will die of heat, setting them on fire, they die of bleeding.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.