Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Occupancy Restrictions and Assigning Squads  (Read 470 times)

Brian7772

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Occupancy Restrictions and Assigning Squads
« on: August 03, 2009, 02:33:25 pm »

First off I put the search term in search and only came up with ideas that had to do with # items. Well this has to do with # pets and dwarves.

My idea would be to set a limit on how many dwarves where allowed in one place at a time. This idea came about after a training accident in a slightly (ok really) over crouded barracks and an over zelious hammerdwarf.

I would like to areas defined by shape and size (barracks, meeting halls, dining rooms ect) be able to have occupancy restrictions. The reason being is so that dwarves will better space themself out around my larger forts. It seems like they always go back to the same places (highest quality?) no matter how far they area from them. This problem may already be addressed in the new release of burrows and if so please ignore it.

I would also like to assign squads to particular barracks so that for instance me marksmen will always be in the racks near the front of the for incase I need to suddenly activate them to start shooting something other than targets.
"Pff...real Dwarves just estimate it, start digging, and make corrections after the cave-in." - Wild Goose