Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: go slow...  (Read 474 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
go slow...
« on: July 28, 2009, 09:33:15 pm »

I've got centaur (modded race) traders coming, and their wagons have pulled up and unloaded, but their muskox traders are lagging. I've had this with all my traders. They're literally moving one tile every 20 seconds or so, if that. Everything else is going full speed, the way is clear their only about 10 spaces away from the depot. What's up?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: go slow...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 09:42:50 pm »

Two things:

One, the musx ox might be very badly overloaded. Check its inventory for heavy stuff.

Two, traders that get attacked sometimes seem to get locked into crawling everywhere. Do the traders have a sort of light brown-yellow background? That's the indication that the unit is crawling. Crawling units move very slowly.

In either case, not a whole lot you can do to speed things up.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 10:07:21 am »

Probably you forgot to determine weight for some things, and they are incredibly heavy.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:52:35 am »

yeah, I checked. the elven caravan came along fast, but the centaurs were loading down with things I actually wanted.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.