Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: And let the Evil, and The Tyranical know their end. -- CYOA -- Ascii sector  (Read 1563 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

"... Ugh... My fucking head..."

I looked around, I was still in my hotel room. The same stinking room I've been renting for the past three months, life's been hard since I was discharged from the confederation navy. And the days kept getting harder, and it was all because of them...

I sat up from my bed, reaching into my jacket and pulling out my old notepad. I flipped trough to a marked page, it was time... I was gonna get my revenge on those confed bastards for ruining my life. I checked for my old laser pistol, it had served me well the 3 years I flew for the confeds. I had even managed to kill a Kilrathi stowaway once while serving on a Drayman, stupid bastard thought I'd be an easy target. Can't think much now though, blasted his furry head off from the neck.

I walked out to the street... Basin... I've been here since I was discharged, it looks fine... On the outside. Deep down though, it's just another shithole with a pretty face. I'd been stuck due to the war going on, not that many people are willing to transport Ex-confeds in times like this. Anyway... It was time to finnally hunt these bastards down. I know a few of them had been through here, I saw them...

I threw the door open, half of the patrons didn't even care. I walked over to the barman and slammed a picture of the man I was looking for and a cred chit.

"First Lieutenant Warren. You've seen him?" He looked at me confused. "S-sorry lady.. I havnt seen no one like that, why don you just sit yerself down an have a-"

I leveled my laser at the inbred moron, his eyes widening to saucers. He had to know I was serious with him by now.

"Are you gonna tell me where he is? I saw him the other day, he passed trough here. So you better talk before I paint your bar with your face."

His lip quivered, he may of been dumb as fuck but I doubt he wanted to die.

"O-okay... He left for some.. Pleasure planet or something! Said he was gonna stay there for a while! Pl-"

My laser pistol discharged... Turning the barmans face to mush, I must of loosened the trigger too much... I thought quickly, turning around and holding my pistol up.

"All right, any of you pukes know where I can Find Lieutenant warren? Better speak up before I just start picking people to shoot."

Everyone was silent... Up until someone mentioned a name... Can't remember it anymore, but it was in this system.

I walked out of the bar without another word. Now I had to find a ship... I had a friend with a ship... Time to take it.

I found her in the shipyard, buying parts for her beloved Tarsus, her only lifeline being she was a privateer.

"Zola, I need your Tarsus. NOW." She laughed, thought I was joking... "Really now? Can't you come up with something better than that Sofia?" I stared at her harder, gripping my laser tighter. "Then I guess Ill take it"

"What? What are you talking ab-"

I raised my pistol and sprayed her in the face, she crumpled like a wet paper bag. The shop owner ran for it, running too fast for me to react. No matter, I was getting out of this dump.

Well, it was a bucket of bolts. But it would do. Now to find Warren, and through him the rest of those confed bastards... I was gonna have my revenge. And no one was gonna stop me.

Spoiler: More notes. (click to show/hide)

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

I say we find a way of making a respectable amount of money so we can upgrade the ship, before we go off to find Warren.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I suggest, at least once, throwing a grenade into a bar for no reason. No talking to people, just the bang of senseless violent insanity.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Blow up an entire city and collect all the precious metals found in the remains!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Well, it was time to go. It had been years since I flew... Three to be exact. And even then I never flew well with a hangover. Oh well, I better fly okay. Or this is gonna be a short trip.

I switched on the engines and the life support systems, before I knew it the automatic takeoff systems kicked in and took me off planet.

Outer space... It had been a while but I never forgot... The rush of a good dogfight, that brought me back. The wild positioning, trying to get an edge on some furball. The sound of laser fire impacting on the hull. The sweat literally pooling in my boots as the fight gets more intense... I missed it, but I wouldn't be doing any of that as long as I was in this merchant junker.

I brought up the starmap, the guy was right. Only one Pleasure planet in this system, Pyridon. Time to test out my flying skills.

I managed to fly pretty well I think... Kinda slowly in this hunk of shit, but well in any case. I could see Pyridon already in the distance, It looked like I was gonn-

"Attention vessel! Maintain your speed and course!"

Shit... What was this a random search? He'd notice I'm not the registered owner in a second if he scanned my flight computer... SHIT... What to do...

Alright... Just stay quiet...

"... No contraband detected, carry on."

... What kind of idiots are the confeds hiring these days... Good for me. Now on to Pyridon.

Warren was here, I knew it. He loved senseless wastes like pleasure planets, I would bet he was getting smashed at the bar. Just like he always did back on the carrier. Today, I would be doing the smashing.

The landing had gone well, thankfully this Tarsus had an automatic landing system. I could see the port as I pulled in, just another worthless pleasure planet...

I walked off my ship, taking the air in. Too clean, too pure. Not something most people can take in these days, but I didn't enjoy it. I had a job to do. I walked to the bar, unhooking a grenade from my belt.

I kicked the door in and stood in the doorway, one of these guys had to be Warren. I didn't care who, I pulled the pin of my grenade and lobbed it in, not caring where it landed.

Two of the patrons were splattered, the rest were peppered with shrapnel and warm guts. I raised my laser pistol, no one was getting out of this bar alive.

A few patrons try to escape, I follow them out and shoot one down, about the same time a cop takes a shot at me. Missing by a mile. I duck back into the bar to take cover, lure him in close where I can take him down easy. As I walk in I take a shot at a man wearing a confed uniform, the shot hits him in the gut. Taking him down as I turn to look for the cop. He comes up quickly behind me, taking two shots. One misses, the other hits me in the chest. To my suprise I remembered to wear my vest... I take shots at him, tearing through his unarmored portions. He drops to the ground of shock as a blast tears through his groin, much to my amusement.

I got a patron on both sides of me, the rage still welling up inside me. I turn to the woman to my side and fire, the shots only graze her. I'm too shaky to get a good shot off. It's then I notice she's carrying a rifle, she aims at me and fires. Thankfully my vest saves me again, I need to take her down fast.

My shots tear her head open, she spills out messily onto the pavement, stareing at me the whole way down. Another one runs by me, I fire again as he runs. A shot slams into the side of his head, spinning him around so I can shoot him between the eyes, causing the top of his head to explode messily.

I walk back in. Warren might still be alive, I hear someone wimpering to the side of me and casually take shots at him. They try to run as I score hits on them, collapsing out on the street. I walk up to another patron as he cowers against the wall, he trys to say something, but my laser fire drowns it out. A shot splatters his brains on the wall, he stumbles towards and then away from me as I fire two shots into his back, and another into his head, causing it to split in two with a satisfying wet noise. The remaning patron trys to run for it, but gets shot in the neck, neatly detaching his head. I watch with a smile as it bounces off the floor.

It's over, everyone that was standing in this bar is dead. Except the bartender... I walk to the bar, raising my pistol at him as he struggles to get a word out.

"W-who the hell are y-"

I shoot him between the eyes, his warm blood splashing my face as he falls back against the rack of drinks.

"... Does it matter?" I say to his corpse.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

Yay, violence! Now, what we need is a good weapon for our ship, to take out our rage on things with, and for when we get bored.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook

Hrm.

Quite the roaring-rampage of revenge.  Reminds me of most of my Shadowrun games, but with space travel.

I'd have to second the notion of upgrading weaponry before you run into someone with a good weapon and enough skill to use it.

Haven't looked into this game much, but if there is a black market, that would be the logical place to go.
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.