Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Only one millstone working in the same power system at a time  (Read 439 times)

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit:

Nevermind! Brainfart moment.

Tasks were suspended because I was getting annoyed with all the seeds they were producing.  ::)

So I was hoping to get a wheat milling operating going. I built a windmill above a gear assembly. Then next to the gear assembly are four millstones. I have some surplus power in that system. Power transfers to them, they animate and do their thing. Each one of them works fine.

But only one at a time. I have a commie fort, with every dwarf doing every labor. I have some 50+ idlers at the moment, and they all have milling as a possible job.

Each of the millstones can be used by everyone, is not forbidden, and has a mill plants(R) task on it.

However at any given time, only one of them is in operation. I don't get any job canceled messages, and dwarves aren't busy, but its like the job is linked to the power assembly and only one will work at any given time.

So do multiple millstones do you need multiple windmills? Why not one windmill powering several millstones? They don't use that much powre. Get a windmill array and you can run a gear assembly and 4 millstones (or even more) with no issue. At least in terms of power required.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 02:50:16 am by Hyndis »