Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Super-volcanic world?  (Read 512 times)

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Super-volcanic world?
« on: July 27, 2009, 03:45:16 pm »

I'd like to see more magma pipes, because I find I can't work a metal industry without them ( Armok knows how many trees have died in service of my poor micromanagement skills regarding charcoal)

So I went to generate a world, but everything I change seems to give me an error after a few hundred rejected worlds that it cannot do so.

So what paramaters do I have to change to force the game to give me a super-volcanic world? Or do I have to just keep running the game until I eventually get one?

Thanks

Wardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Super-volcanic world?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 05:11:45 pm »

I love volcanoes and magma-pipes too, and to increase my chances of finding a volcano which I like without having to generate 500 worlds, I looked into the advanced parameters in-game for the LARGE set and changed the only one that looked innocent enough:

Minimum Volcano Number, from the original 15 to, *ahem*, 100.

It said the max was 200, so 100 looked like a good compromise...  ;D

You'll get an apparently default world, except with many more Volcanoes and magma-pipes around.

rhuntar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Super-volcanic world?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 06:22:35 pm »

I regularly set the minimum Volcanism to between 85 and 100, set the Volcanism Variance at Max 1600 (for both x and y)  and then a few pages down in the advanced parameters page, nullify all of the minimum low, mid and high volcanism squares.  Almost no rejects and magma on almost all squares. 

it can be hard to find sand though, if you set the volcanism levels to 100 and 100...

-rhuntar