Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Powder Reagents  (Read 581 times)

Bjiip

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Worldsmith
    • View Profile
Powder Reagents
« on: July 30, 2009, 12:47:05 am »

I'm adding a custom material, and I'd like dye to be a reagent for making it in the smelter.  However, the following line does not cause the dwarf to use up any dye:

[REAGENT:2:POWDER_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:MUSHROOM_CUP_DIMPLE]

Did I miss something?

(Couldn't find an answer from searches for "dimple dye", "dimple cup", or "powder reagents".)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: Powder Reagents
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 01:39:34 am »

extracts cannot be used in the smelter.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 03:41:09 am »

Anything liquid- or powder-like which is stored in a container can't be currently used in reactions.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 10:30:16 pm »

Anything liquid- or powder-like which is stored in a container can't be currently used in reactions.
Well it can, but you have to have some currently spilled somewhere. At least in version 39 dwarves would use stuff that was inside containers fine as long as there was some that was spilled somewhere on the map.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

LordZorintrhox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 09:42:49 pm »

Every time I hear this I am like "I want to see the code that does this," because it is absolutely baffling.  It is especially strange considering cooks can use alcohol in the kitchen, which is basically the same thing: stuff in a container that exists separately from the contents.  Also, bags of seeds work perfectly fine for being targeted by jobs.

This leads me to believe that the use of alcohol in the kitchen and seed bags is a hacked behavior awaiting for a full system revamp of items/reactions etc.  So we'll probably have to wait when for all the workshops' reactions to be in the raws for a good fix, because then Toady will have to deal with it in order to have it work in a text file.
...but their muscles would also end up looking like someone wrapped pink steel bridge-cables around a fire hydrant and then shrink-wrapped it in a bearskin.

HEY, you should try my Dwarfletter tileset...it's pretty.
I make games, too