Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mike Mayday's tileset...by itself?  (Read 840 times)

adore_the_glassspider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mike Mayday's tileset...by itself?
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:30:28 pm »

Hi guys,

First off, I apologize if this is not the right place for this question...I figured it was since it's about a tileset. I also apologize ahead of time if this question has already been answered, I did search both the wiki and the forum, but didn't find an answer to my specific question. Also, thanks ahead of time for any responses.

My question is two-fold: Is there anyplace to download Mike Mayday's tileset by itself (I already have the site for the version of DF already modified with his tileset). If there is such a download, is the tileset compatible with version 40d13?

I've never put a tileset on myself, so would like to kill two birds with one stone: play the new version with the tileset, and learn how to put a tileset on (I think I understand the directions for it in the wiki...lol). Anyway, thanks for all the dwarfy support!

Spider
“She's a nightmare hippie girl/she's spazzing out on a cosmic level/and she's meditating with the devil/she's cooking salad for breakfast/she's got tofu the size of Texas/she's a witness to her own glory/she's a never-ending story/she's a frolicking depression/she's a self-inflicted obsession/she's got a thousand lonely husbands/she's playin' footsie in another dimension/she's a goddess milking her time for all that it's worth." --Beck

Murray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mike Mayday's tileset...by itself?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 08:17:06 pm »

I think if you pasted the graphics folder from the raws in his modified version into yours it would work.

adore_the_glassspider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 08:40:25 pm »

Great thanks! I had actually tried this earlier and received an error message. After reading your post, I decided to double check--I had made a typing error, and also had to copy the "art" into the data file. But it appears to be working now. Yay!

Thanks again,
--Spider
“She's a nightmare hippie girl/she's spazzing out on a cosmic level/and she's meditating with the devil/she's cooking salad for breakfast/she's got tofu the size of Texas/she's a witness to her own glory/she's a never-ending story/she's a frolicking depression/she's a self-inflicted obsession/she's got a thousand lonely husbands/she's playin' footsie in another dimension/she's a goddess milking her time for all that it's worth." --Beck

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 09:35:38 pm »

I did that once, but I was only able to get the creatures. The grass and furniture were still in ascii, does anyone know what I did wrong or how I can fix it?

Murray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 10:08:42 pm »

I'm sorry that I did'nt include that, In response to blah28722 you need to change your init file and put the tileset in the art folder in the data section.

This is what my graphics section of the init file looks like with a different tileset -

[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:800]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:Belal_Smooth_Walls.bmp] - Change this to the name of your tileset in the graphics folder
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:800]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:Belal_Smooth_Walls.bmp] - This too
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

Hope this helps.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 10:16:31 pm »

I'm sorry that I did'nt include that, In response to blah28722 you need to change your init file and put the tileset in the art folder in the data section.

This is what my graphics section of the init file looks like with a different tileset -

[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:800]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:Belal_Smooth_Walls.bmp] - Change this to the name of your tileset in the graphics folder
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:800]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:Belal_Smooth_Walls.bmp] - This too
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

Hope this helps.

Ah, I see. Furniture and grass were part of the font files, not creatures.

Thanks!