Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: To King concerning Dwarvern Supersoldier project.  (Read 636 times)

Teranar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
To King concerning Dwarvern Supersoldier project.
« on: July 22, 2009, 10:34:26 am »

To our Liege the honorable and wise Mistem Medtobthosbut, may Onol forver keep you:

The following is a report on the Superdwarf project we initiated 3 years ago at Idrommomuz, "Shortcrypts", and its resounding success therein. As you are aware, we selected 11 dwarves from immigrant waves that came to the fortress set into where the jungles and mountains meet, no doubt attracted to the immense amount of copper and gold that we have found in the mountains. As it stands, of the 11 candidates we took, 10 have currently survived and have achieved the title Axe Lords, but what they have done in the meantime has served to frighten me.

As you know, our plan was to hold them in secluded chambers, forcing them to man enhancing machines we told them were pumps, 24/7, day in and day out, only taking time to relax to clear cut jungle as part of their training, and ensuring they had the finest in food and alcohol, ensuring their bodies were above and beyond what any dwarf could expect.

By the time their combat training began, they were already considered to be superdwarvernly tough, agile, and strong. Sights of insanity. At first they trained with our standard troops, crossbowmen crosstrained as hammer dwarves to make the iron Crossbows they were issued deadly under any conditions. After three of them were killed in sparring accidents with the superdwarves, they were all regulated to crossbow training duty only. No one could survive sparring with them except other superdwarves.

When the Dragon Eve Lutoaccok attacked Shortcrypts, she scorched the countryside, ate our sentry dogs, and our standard soldier's copper bolts proved completely ineffective. That is when we activated the superdwarves and ordered them into combat. The sight is something I shall never forget. The dragon breathed fire on them, and one of them. Bomrek Dodoknecik, burst into flames. Not missing a beat Bomrek tore into the dragon, and while his chest was ripped apart, hewed the dragon apart, and the superdwarves left dragon chunks all over our entry gates.

Bomrek died three days later, not from bleeding, not from being on fire until the flames were put out, but from suffocation, as a result of the dragon ripping his lungs out.

Two seasons later the Dragon Thali Letharilirina attacked. He never stood a chance, the superdwarves tore him to shreds before any dwarves could be harmed.

As it stands at the fortress now, we suffer intermittent Elephant and Goblin attacks, and we often lose a soldier or two to the Elephants every attack. If we send the Superdwarves into battle... the results are far different.

My Liege, while the Superdwarf project is a resounding success, I am deathly afraid of its results. These dwarves are monsters, no, beyond monsters. I have no doubt in my mind that if these monsters decided that they wished to slaughter the 120 citizens of Shortcrypts, along with its 56 soldier garrison not counting the project members, no force short of Armokk himself could halt them. Not even the Elephants.

Best reguards, your humble servant and mayor of Shortcrypts,
Fikod Othsincatten

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: To King concerning Dwarvern Supersoldier project.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 12:49:40 pm »

Hehe funny, for the ultimate superdwarf check this out: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=34933.0