Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclaim questions  (Read 425 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Reclaim questions
« on: July 23, 2009, 11:33:59 am »

Just reclaimed an old fort of mine.

I've managed to get most things back into stockpiles and some form of order dwarfly disorder in place.
A couple of questions though, if I may.

1.  ALL of my 70 dwarves are friends with each other from the start.  Bug/bad luck/feature?
2.  ORCS!  They're standing around INSIDE my fortress!  Not moving whatsoever, and listed as friendly.  What's going on?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaim questions
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 11:46:07 am »

1. Yeah, this always happens on reclaim, for some reason. Be careful you don't let too many of 'em die, or you'll get a tantrum spiral.

2. Civ units that are on-site when you arrive are automatically friendly, even if they're ordinarily hostile. However, as soon as any new orcs show up (as an ambush or siege, say), the residents will turn on you.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 12:00:10 pm »

Last time I reclaimed I ended up with a friendly Goblin Pikemaster on my map. He held off two squads of Chaos Dwarves while my civvies ran away and my military turned up. Unfortunatley he was killed, but one goblin is easily worth the 5 dwarves he saved :P

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 12:12:26 pm »

Okay, I'm cool with the first one, I can take that as meaning they've all got to know each other in the Mountainhomes.

Orcs being friendly, I find a real problem though.  For a start, most of them are in my dining room/bedrooms and will SLAUGHTER my civvies when I get sieged  :(.
Besides, thehelp file thingy tells you to wipe out any other races inhabiting the fort when you arrive...
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth