Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artifact Patterns  (Read 491 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Artifact Patterns
« on: July 21, 2009, 04:13:06 am »

In my latest fortress, I've had a string of artifacts created all sharing the same feature.

Seems that my dwarves really love their civilization leader. Must be quite a guy to be featured so many times.

Anyone else have these kind of patterns?

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact Patterns
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 04:26:01 am »

He must be really interesting dwarf!

My dwarves do not tend to love some historical event so much. They however tend to encircle things with bands and use hanging rings and menacing spikes again and again :)
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 05:15:20 am »

As far as I can tell, this is what happened leading up to this guy becoming leader:

A mountain fortress called Craftspriests was attacked in 173 by a local goblin group.

The attackers had 28 elves, 10 dwarves and 14 goblins.

The defenders had 27 dwarves, led by their leader Udil Helmcrosses.

The attackers were led by a filthy elf, of course. In the battle, Udil was shot and killed early in the conflict (at the hands of another damned elf). From there, it quickly became a rout, and Craftspriests was destroyed. Udil's body, along with ten others, were impaled on silver spears.

Tulon, who had served as a guard since age 18, and at 55 retired to become a diplomat, fled Craftspriests into the jungle when it was destroyed in 174. Next year he returned, becoming leader of his civilization at age 77.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 08:14:53 am »

I was going to mention that those are all fuck-off awesome artifacts to get made. My dwarves just keep making shitty 7200 value crafts.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.