Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mouse interface?  (Read 599 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
mouse interface?
« on: July 12, 2009, 05:11:44 pm »

I'm pretty sure someone's posted about this already but I haven't found it.
Would it be possible to add a mouse interface to the game?
I've heard other people complain about it in other forums, and I also think it would be a good idea.
I've also heard a few people say they'd probably play if they didn't have to always use the keyboard, and I myself would be a lot more enthusiastic about playing if I could use the mouse.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: mouse interface?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 11:08:03 am »

Isn't this already sort of in? It's a lot faster to play with the keyboard, but I designate rooms with my mouse. I think it's already in the development list anyway.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 11:11:05 am »

Doesn't work for all things though.  Can't lay zones with the mouse, nor stockpiles.  Plus a side scroll with the mouse would be very nice.  Problem with that is it'd confine your mouse to the game window.
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Sunken

• Bay Watcher
  • Wabewalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 04:28:06 pm »

Not if you use the 3rd-button approach.
I too would like better and more consistent mouse control, even though I'd actually prefer better keyboard control first. Persistent cursor location now!!!
Alpha version? More like elf aversion!

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 05:56:34 pm »

A functional mouse system should take priority once this update is done. Really, it'd make the game so much more accessible and probably wouldn't need replacing

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 09:51:01 pm »

the prob was,the mouse IMG becomes tilted so you have to tilt the img u want for the mouse until there a point  that you want to represent the ending point
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Mugros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 10:08:59 am »

Since there is already a limited mouse supported built in, i think it is no big deal to extend this.
It would things so much easier if the mouse would be available in almost every view. E.g. if you press q, then just select any workshop, room etc with the mouse. press v, select any dwarf. etc.etc.etc
This would be a great addition.