Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creature Manager  (Read 748 times)

Atlas

• Bay Watcher
  • Supertitanly Tough
    • View Profile
    • Rideo- Latin For Lol
Creature Manager
« on: June 09, 2009, 06:26:58 pm »

Ok, so i've got Dwarf Manager... and its quite useful for changing my dwarves activity quickly.

I've added the [PET] tag to a bunch of sentient creatures, and I was wondering if it was possible to make a program similar to Dwarf manager to give these sentients jobs?
Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

codewright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creature Manager
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 03:41:16 am »

I don't know what it's good for, but if you have a small bit of coding experience, you (or anyone) might start with DM, changing the DwarfFortressAccess.IsValidDwarf method to return always true. This way, any creature will be listed in DM. If you can change their jobs and if they will perform them, is up to experimentation. Apart from that, it sounds like cheating. Or are you thinking about other "jobs" (i.e. pet assignment,...)

Atlas

• Bay Watcher
  • Supertitanly Tough
    • View Profile
    • Rideo- Latin For Lol
Re: Creature Manager
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 01:34:48 am »

I don't know what it's good for, but if you have a small bit of coding experience, you (or anyone) might start with DM, changing the DwarfFortressAccess.IsValidDwarf method to return always true. This way, any creature will be listed in DM. If you can change their jobs and if they will perform them, is up to experimentation. Apart from that, it sounds like cheating. Or are you thinking about other "jobs" (i.e. pet assignment,...)

Sorry for the thread revival.

I really was thinking about like giving the stone hauling job to these sentient "slave" creatures.
Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.