Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Goblin has given birth to children"  (Read 1017 times)

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Goblin has given birth to children"
« on: July 16, 2009, 03:06:49 pm »

I've been playing wit hthe Civ Forge mod, and slightly contrary to the title, it was a Silver Xelic, an insect race, who gave birth, to twins no less, in one of my cages. So Now I have two baby Silver Xelics in my cage. The question is now, what do I do with them?

Taking all suggestions, although extra points to those that use more than magma ( Although magmai s still good, so very very good...)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: "Goblin has given birth to children"
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 03:20:13 pm »

I do believe childs are friendly. Get a couple more from another Xelic parent and breed them. Train war Xelics.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 03:22:26 pm »

Ooooh, lucky! That's a rare thing to have happen! I've heard that enemies that are born on your map, will be considered part or/are friendly with your civ. My vote is make them fight the parents in an arena, the winner gets made into a obsidian statue,if thats possible, if not then they get encased in obsidian :D
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 03:29:17 pm »

Well, the two Violet Xelic children I have in my cage are both listed as hostile, and I daren't let them out until I have some idea what I'm gonna do with them :P

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 05:25:43 pm »

If you can tame them, do that, then train them as war creatures.

If not, they could work in a big pit where you can toss captured invaders into. bonus points if the pit is only deep enough to break their legs so they will be helplessly watching as the things start to attack them.

I've had a mountain goat get a kid in a cage, less spectacular, but it was born as hostile(Or whatever goats are), and had to be tamed first.

I think children born in cages on your map are still just their parent's faction/nation/whatever.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 07:02:27 pm »

you could always kill them and eat them use their skulls in crafts.
Hello Hunam

Flashzom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 08:09:58 pm »

I vote you build two pillars over magma with no way to leave and station the children on there until they grow old and die of old age. They'll be the symbol of your civilization.
And as the fires licked and roared over his skin, Urist realized that the hustle and bustle of being on fire really tired him out.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 02:14:47 am »

mine out a 6x3 area. Build the cage at one end. Link it to a lever. dig a channel to isolate the cage. Position a marksdwarf next to the channel. Pull the lever.

Live training targets.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Flashzom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 07:24:02 pm »

mine out a 6x3 area. Build the cage at one end. Link it to a lever. dig a channel to isolate the cage. Position a marksdwarf next to the channel. Pull the lever.

Live training targets.
You could do that with any creature though... why waste the goblin children on something so basic?
And as the fires licked and roared over his skin, Urist realized that the hustle and bustle of being on fire really tired him out.

Dvergar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 10:01:13 pm »

If I could be forgiven this off-topic question, What is the civ-forge mod?  DF isn't an open source project so other than init_raw sets no modding should be possible, right?

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 10:02:50 pm »

There is a LOT that can be done with the raws, though, so quite a bit of modding can be done.

Freki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 10:08:12 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?board=13.0

There's a modding subforum. :) There's a lot you can do - and it's pretty easy.