Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cave rivers are fun!  (Read 1034 times)

eviscerator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cave rivers are fun!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 08:33:46 pm »

This is the pool level, there is some water there because I had a pump running trying to pressurize it.  No pump = no water on this level.  This is the same z-level as the water in the river

This is the tunnel beneath the river.

Flashzom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 08:44:38 pm »

Maybe your cave in might have possibly not only punctured a hole in the area you wanted punctured but also created a wall around the hole so no water can enter and thusly rise upwards?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 08:47:15 pm by Flashzom »
And as the fires licked and roared over his skin, Urist realized that the hustle and bustle of being on fire really tired him out.

eviscerator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 09:48:00 pm »

The whole tunnel is 7/7 depth and if the entrance hole was walled off it would have only been 1 square of 7/7 dropped into the hole.  The microcline in the river is where the hole is - note there is no rock at the center, which is because it's a hole.  It's a gray rock in the tunnel because that the ceiling rock.

Flashzom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 09:59:53 pm »

Well, that may be so, but I thought it was worth mentioning. It's not entirely impossible that your pumping filled it, or perhaps since the rocks were obviously on two different layers, that by some bizarre fault the tunnel managed to fill before the rocks sealed off the river. The graphics kind of throw me off because I never use them personally, but at any rate, it's probably a very simple problem, and I'd check the hole just in case if I were you.
And as the fires licked and roared over his skin, Urist realized that the hustle and bustle of being on fire really tired him out.
Pages: 1 [2]