Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fancy map request  (Read 466 times)

Kaiern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fancy map request
« on: July 17, 2009, 01:52:58 pm »

If anyone has the time I would like to request a type of map I've been looking for a while. What I need is a tall mountain that goes basically straigth up. Some tree's on the ground and a brook would be nice too. Other features really don't matter that much, but magma wouls of course be nice.

Biome really doesn't matter either, as long as I have gobbos.

So if anyone has the time to generate something like this, or already know of a save lying around somewhere, that would be awesome =)

EDIT: Og, also, sand would be nice!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 02:03:42 pm by Kaiern »

Glacial Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
  • Member of the Elves' Parting Association (EPA)
    • View Profile
Re: Fancy map request
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 02:35:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That seed, almost every gen, gives you a caldera (or two, or even three!) in the mountains with gray/light gray mountains all around. Occasionally you'll also find a peak, ready to settle. Keep in mind that one map I got on this had a FPS of 40 or so in when I got onto the mountain (even before I started digging!). 100+ z-levels are not uncommon, and I even got one with 126 or so. Unfortunately, you'll be hard-pressed to find any place like what you're looking for with civ access to someone other than dwarves.

Mix and match the settings as you please, but it should help you gen numerous worlds with the settings you're looking for.

(If you want a challenge, then set the savagery to something different. If you want the area to be hotter, turn temperature up. These are my own personal settings, and aren't necessarily the best.)

I don't have a place off hand that would be good, but keep trying and you'll get something you like. Hopefully. Also doesn't eat up your computer usage like large maps do.
I am perhaps the most successful troll ever because even though I do not troll others I troll myself successfully... and there are no rules against trolling yourself.

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 02:46:48 pm »

That seed, almost every gen, gives you a caldera (or two, or even three!) in the mountains with gray/light gray mountains all around. Occasionally you'll also find a peak, ready to settle. Keep in mind that one map I got on this had a FPS of 40 or so in when I got onto the mountain (even before I started digging!). 100+ z-levels are not uncommon, and I even got one with 126 or so. Unfortunately, you'll be hard-pressed to find any place like what you're looking for with civ access to someone other than dwarves.

Yeah be careful of this. You are probably going to want to use a relatively tiny embark size. There's no reason why you couldn't get away with a 2x2 or 2x3 embark size with that many z-levels.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 07:05:55 pm »

i've got one in this hall-of-fame type thread here:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=36246.0

its an embarkable mountain-peak, which is normally impossible without using the embark-anywhere hack.  this one happens to be by a river, and gives you one of the steepest climbs from ground up to over z+200 or something absurd like that.  has a cave river also.

original thread here, but dont be distracted by userpay's incorrect location:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=25415.msg292475#msg292475