Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are there any remaining copies of the Boatmurdered save?  (Read 4385 times)

dorfstep

• Bay Watcher
  • Dubstepper For Life
    • View Profile
    • My Tripstep/Freak Folk Music
Are there any remaining copies of the Boatmurdered save?
« on: July 13, 2009, 08:07:38 pm »

Preferably right before the pulling of the lever.

I doubt it, though.
My Freak Folk/Tripstep Projects

“The most exquisite paradox… as soon as you give it all up, you can have it all. As long as you want power, you can't have it. The minute you don't want power, you'll have more than you ever dreamed possible.”
~Ram Dass

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any remaining copies of the Boatmurdered save?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 08:17:10 pm »

I've wondered that myself.  I highly doubt it - if it existed it would probably be kept as some sort of holy relic.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 08:39:24 pm »

the holy grail of DF ;D

I have always wanted to play Boatmurdered, but sadly, I think that all copies of the saves have just vanished since it was played :(

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 08:58:05 pm »

really, it's the holy grail of DF
I was thinking about to see somedays ago, but doesn't exist any save!!!
it could be funny to pull the lever ^^

Praetyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 11:02:11 pm »

It would be useless to you unless you have Boatmurdered's version of DF, which was a while back.

Akett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 03:16:57 am »

You could download it right off the main page, Toady still has the old versions up.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 02:57:04 pm »

Any goons present: Please dig up the old thread and PM some of the later overseers, we may be lucky.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

betamax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 03:05:33 pm »

There must be several goons here, seeing how popular DF is on SA. We must make it a priority to search for them!

Gamermaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 07:14:45 pm »

Whoever finds such a artifact will be as great and might as the almighty toady one himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 07:36:26 pm »

You know, if we manage to nab a copy of Boatmurdered, why not gather a bunch of other legendary artifact maps and have a DF Wiki page full of them? It should make it easier to locate them without needing to revive old threads asking the same thing again in the future. Then again, the Orc mod is still a pretty common request. :-\

Might as well add that as well if necessary. In the meantime, there can always be a "Requests/Most Requested/Fulfilled Requests" article to serve as a placeholder. Of course, within it is maps, saves, and mods already made/released; not TO BE MADE, but already made/done. Obviously, the examples provided are Boatmurdered (Map/Save) and Orc Mod (Mod, obviously). Adventure stuff can also be included like the magical World of Traps and Attractions.

Sound like a good idea?

dorfstep

• Bay Watcher
  • Dubstepper For Life
    • View Profile
    • My Tripstep/Freak Folk Music
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 07:49:21 pm »

That's an awesome idea. To be honest, I'm surprised that it hasn't been done. I didn't think I was the only one craving to live the Boatmurdered experience.

A wiki page with links to all the completed mods (Fallout, Zombie, etc) and another page linked to downloadable fortress saves (either epic ones, or ones users upload to show off)

The fortress viewer page is neat to check out peoples sites but you can't play on 'em like that.
My Freak Folk/Tripstep Projects

“The most exquisite paradox… as soon as you give it all up, you can have it all. As long as you want power, you can't have it. The minute you don't want power, you'll have more than you ever dreamed possible.”
~Ram Dass

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 09:36:11 pm »

That's an awesome idea. To be honest, I'm surprised that it hasn't been done. I didn't think I was the only one craving to live the Boatmurdered experience.

A wiki page with links to all the completed mods (Fallout, Zombie, etc) and another page linked to downloadable fortress saves (either epic ones, or ones users upload to show off)

The fortress viewer page is neat to check out peoples sites but you can't play on 'em like that.

i made a topic earlier asking for boatmurdered.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 11:45:25 pm »

Now someone needs to create a utility to copy items into other saves, so we can scavenge artifacts from others.

Obviously this would be incredibly complicated dwarfy and require editing of the world's history.