Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beloved Leader Deceased!  (Read 483 times)

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beloved Leader Deceased!
« on: July 14, 2009, 11:34:26 am »

Hey everybody! I recently took up an old fort, the same fort from the question about a dead liason ("Murder Mystery!"), and in the second spring I was ambushed. Twice. With thirty dwarves, only one of whom having equipment. I lost about twenty dwarves (with an epic tale of friendship and redemption mixed in 8)), and one of them was the expedition leader. A shame... :'(

*Ahem* Anyways, I can now support a mayor, but one wasn't elected. Do I await next year's election, or has the premature death screwed up my fort for the second time? :-\
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Dameleth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beloved Leader Deceased!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:43:09 pm »

If you can support a mayor you'll get one usually. They vote as far as I know one specific time a year so when that time rolls around they should vote one. If anything you can just get large enough for a baron. (If you can) That should kick start things as they handle diplomats, maybe make mayors happen again if they don't somehow do it and the broker/bookeeper/manager can handle the other tasks.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beloved Leader Deceased!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 12:44:45 pm »

If the expedition leader/mayor dies, a replacement is chosen/elected a short time later. Not instantaneous, maybe like an in-game month.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.