Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Umm, cats?  (Read 1477 times)

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
Re: Umm, cats?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 04:20:30 pm »

If you are just good about tossing every cat that's born into a cage immediately there's really no problem with the cat population. All the cats in the world will fit into one cage. On my current fort I think I have 20 kittens in a single cage.

why not just let the cats get about......10 kittens and butcher the adults?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 04:24:04 pm »

If you are just good about tossing every cat that's born into a cage immediately there's really no problem with the cat population.

The problem comes when too many female cats adopt owners, and then are untouchable (easily).  Soon they start popping out 20 kittens a season, and a significant percentage of your dwarves are doing nothing else except putting them into cages, and then "immediately" starts becoming a relative term.  :P

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 04:24:44 pm »

People keep mentioning letting them grow up...why not just butcher the kittens?  I do it all the time.  Same yield as an adult.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 04:27:18 pm »

People keep mentioning letting them grow up...why not just butcher the kittens?  I do it all the time.  Same yield as an adult.

dont they die eventualy due to age?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2009, 04:29:16 pm »

Yeah, but you don't have to let many grow up to always gain more.  Most have a LOT of kittens in their lifetime.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 09:37:19 pm »

Yeah, but you don't have to let many grow up to always gain more.  Most have a LOT of kittens in their lifetime.
lol that gave me a good idea on how to train dwarfs using accual combat!
Story of my life.
Pages: 1 [2]