Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Dangerous Wilds Mod  (Read 21008 times)

ThiefofTime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dangerous Wilds Mod
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2009, 09:41:05 pm »

I started out in a forest fort over a magma pipe and accidentally broke into the magma pipe before I could be properly prepared. I desperately started walling it up again, but it was too late... 5 hot drakes came out and slaughtered my entire fort.

Reclaim1: 7 axedwarves, all of which quickly set up home and started re-walling the magma pipe... but then hot-drakes sprang from ambush (now three of them were named) and slaughtered them ALL.
Reclaim2: 28 dwarves this time, half of them marksdwarves. They managed to beat off the Hot-drake infestation but the downward tantrum spiral killed all but two of them, who then started engraving their rooms to make themselves happier. Well, I say happier... the engraver engraved a lot of 'two succubi' (I choose to believe he was engraving them making out) and images of wrathful gods and fiery underworlds. And then he started drawing hot drakes killing everyone.

A few years passed, immigrants came, and the woodcutters started getting killed by owls. So I set some marksdwarves out on patrol.
Before I knew it, the entire surface was LITTERED in discarded bolts, and the owl infestation wasn't even scratched (apparently) and my three recruit marksdwarves were now champions.
So I went and looked into the raws for owls... and found they had a population_number of 250-500. So I would get 250-500 owls invading my fort PER YEAR.

Is this deliberate? Owls are a menace, and hard to hit on top of that (I just modded the flier tag out of them and harvested them for meat/bones without touching the population_number)

Rochndil

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2009, 09:27:31 am »

450 pissed-off owls stumping around chanting, "Give a hoot, don't pollute!"

Rochndil, unable to resist temptation...
Build an Elf a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Drown an Elf in magma, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 26, 2009, 06:18:53 pm »

Version 0.80 is now out! A little late I suppose, but it should resolve the problems reported in the earlier versions. Also, those who remember the slig, rejoice! for it has returned in this version. The most noticeable change in this version by far is the changes to the armor system. It is now possible to wear a greater amount of protective gear than ever before; leather armor, chainmail/scalemail/ring/feathermail armor, and plate armor are now available for the different limbs and body parts, with two exceptions: hands and feet only have two levels of armor equipped. An example of a fully equiped soldier might be as follows:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The point of these changes was to improve protection to the most vital areas of the body, and to prevent soldiers from dropping armor when they upgrade to the next level of armor. Instead, they can wear one piece of armor of each armor level per body part. This should cut back on piles of +pig leather gambeson+ that seem to accumulate around forges.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 06:43:53 pm by catoblepas »

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2009, 04:42:48 pm »

Catoblepas here, busy working on the next update on the dangerous wilds mod. I'll be fixing the chainmail vests, which are currently mis-categorized as belonging to the OVER layer of clothes, instead of ARMOR. Also, I think I'll be adding padded bracers as level 1 armor for the hands, knocking gauntlets up to level 2 armor status. While these changes make sense (to me at least), it seems like a rather small set of changes for an update, so if you have any suggestions for things you'd like to see in the game, or have encountered any glitches in the newest version, don't hold back. And remember, your input is always valued. (although sometimes I may forget to add a requested feature, so don't feel shy about reminding me)

Vigilant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2009, 04:07:03 pm »

Is this still in progress? Haven't heard anything in a little.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2009, 12:07:14 pm »

Yeah, the next update is almost done, just need to do some testing and a little touching up before I send it out, it's taken a while because I have added a couple entities, and I have been working on removing all the little bugs in the last version as well. It will definitely be done this week though.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2009, 12:34:07 am »

The much-delayed version 0.85 of Dangerous Wilds is up!

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2009, 09:39:26 pm »

how weak are the rock kobolds? are we talking kobold camp with dangerous wilds stuff or do they have some sort of life expectancy?  loading up the dwarvern civ now
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2009, 09:59:13 pm »

their main disadvantage is not being able to start with metals above meteoric iron, they also cannot make runed items and have comparatively weaker armor compared to the dwarves and dark elves (only level 3 armor available to them is helmets). They are smaller then other races, but they also have a pretty decent damageblock due to their scales. Ther only real advantage over the other races is that they can use animals and plants of both evil and good biomes. This gives them access to a few resources that the dark elves don't have access to, and many that the dwarves don't have access to, such as giant wamblers and gnometongue mushroom wood.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]