Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird problem with marksdwarf  (Read 819 times)

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weird problem with marksdwarf
« on: July 13, 2009, 07:11:24 am »

My marksdwarf of 2 years has stopped shooting at targets recently. I did all the usual things, I checked I had bone bolts, I checked he had nothing in his hands, I know the range is working because other dwarves are using it.

The only thing I could find wrong was this:

When I go to view the item, I see the war horse leather waterskin. I've set it to be dumped, but it hasn't been so far, although my haulers are pretty busy. The Xgiant cave spider sil... I can't touch, and I have hundreds of those things in my stocks so I have no way of tracking any one down.

I don't know what this is or what it does, but it seems to have stoped him refilling his quiver with metal bolts, but he does still use his hammer in combat, he scores three kills against the latest ambush.

This is playing in the Civilization Forge mod, if that makes a difference.

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
Re: Weird problem with marksdwarf
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 10:07:15 am »

have you tried de-activating and activating him again?

have you checked he is standing down?

to remove the waterskin, 'v' over him in the 'm'ilitary menu and switch off carrying of water.

have you checked his wounds to make sure he has nothing gone wrong in that sense?

have you checked what bolts he has in the quiver at the moment? sometimes if he is carrying metal bolts he won't want to pick up bone bolts to train...

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

awdball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 10:19:57 am »

"Steel Chainmail, Left hand" may be the real problem. You might try completely disarming & unsuiting him on the weapong screan and then once he's dropped everything re-arming. Just a guess.

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 10:31:21 am »

It's definitely the steel chain mail in his left hand.  Mark it for dumping, and once somebody gets around to taking it he should go back to target practice.

The GCS silk thing might also be a problem: I don't think I've ever seen two item names side-by-side like that before.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 10:33:44 am by LegacyCWAL »
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 10:33:30 am »

and i completely missed that....oh well.....i'm changing my bet to on the chainmail!

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 10:52:48 am »

I've seen the side by side thing before. It seems to only happen with waterskins and I think quivers and backpacks. I don't think it prevents a dwarf from doing anything though.