Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bolt materials  (Read 1122 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Bolt materials
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 12:48:27 pm »

Making iron bolts is also a good way to level Weaponsmithing.  You aren't stuck with a bunch of -iron short swords- getting in the way.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 08:14:19 pm »

You can maximize the number of bones each animal can produce by dropping the animal 10 levels of more, so that it explodes on impact.

The main corpse will have the usual number of bones, and every body part will rot into an extra bone. Thus, you can turn a dog from the usual 25 bolts into about 50 bolts.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 10:44:32 pm »

Generally, I make training bolts from the bones of invaders. Goblin bone is plentiful.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 11:10:44 pm »

Generally, I make training bolts from the bones of invaders. Goblin bone is plentiful.

Just be sure to set the Dwarfs to be able to collect refuse outside.
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2009, 12:04:10 am »

I find the exercise to be most satisfying.  Using the bones of ones foes against their former comrades is the best kind of dwarven justice!

durt101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 01:25:02 am »

Bones period are useful.
In the beginning of my latest fortress, I got swarmed by 8 mountain gnomes immediately. They were all raped but they stole some of my booze.
Then my craftsdwarf goes into a fey mood and makes a weapon rack worth 7200$. Out of mountain gnome bone.
YEEEAAAAAAHHH.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009, 12:06:39 pm »

Nevermind about that not using masterful bolts thing.  Turns out they were just either all asleep or on break making them look like they weren't using the only quality bolts the bone carver ever produced.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 [2]