Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: inciting violence with 40 dwarves  (Read 434 times)

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
inciting violence with 40 dwarves
« on: July 12, 2009, 02:40:19 pm »

Ive got a stable fortress with a popcap of 40 (although the pop sometimes gets up to 43). A catsplosion is causing me issues, and also i have about 15 war dogs, but this isnt really the issue.

I believe that i cant get seiges off the golbins with my popcap so low. Ive had a few ambushs but my 9 legendary champs have made short work of them.

If i slaughter a dwarf, elf or human caravan what is the likley return? Id like to piss someone off enough for them to come at me with a serious force (20-30+). Ive tried trading wood with the elves but they just sod off then return the following year appearing to have forgotten. How do people usually kill neutral characters? I assume using spikes linked to leavers or pressure plates, are there any other methods?

Or does anyone have any other ideas on how i can incite major violence?
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: inciting violence with 40 dwarves
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 02:50:37 pm »

For a race to siege you(Your own civ will never siege you, btw.) you need to kill off a diplomat, and yeah, easiest way to do so is with some spike traps and a long hallway.
And next time you make a world, remove the baby snatcher tag from goblins, and change their [INTELLIGENT] tag to [CAN_LEARN] and [CAN_CIV].

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 05:24:43 pm »

MAGMA
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 07:19:17 pm »

Allowing the Kobolds to steal from you will have them send ambushes, but Kobolds will never siege. A megabeast may arrive, the wiki is unsure if a population over 100 or wealth is the trigger (could be both, could be either, could just be one, dunno). In the future, if you want a good siege try modding in orcs. Those things are vicious, they often start sieging the first winter.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325