Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The goblins might be on to something....  (Read 879 times)

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The goblins might be on to something....
« on: July 12, 2009, 11:18:16 am »

Sure I can slaughter them by the score with a few champions, but my buddies from the human Empire of Mops are too cowardly to bring a caravan when the gobbies siege during the summer  >:(

I'd rather have their trade stuff than the delivery of 30 goblins worth of bones and narrow equipment.  :-\

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The goblins might be on to something....
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 11:43:20 am »

They can be sneaky buggers. My last fort was interdicted for two whole years by constant sieging, apart from a single elf caravan that got through, and a human caravan they tore apart.

My current fort almost died to a traditional human siege. If I hadn't struck magma and a few veins of copper to make barrels and equip the freshly-trained military, a tantrum spiral would have occurred.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 12:26:35 pm »

Yeah, what sucks is even if the human caravan showed up, I could have easily cut a path to them.  Instead they didn't even try.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 01:30:49 pm »

I always build walls right up to the entrance of the map. Caravans always come to my location if no other route is possible (I ensure this is the case) and are protected from arrival to departure. I think they might still refuse to come if goblins ambushes are around the outside... stupid humans. can you turn off self preservation in the raws/init/etcetc
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.