Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: THE COOLEST FARMER EVER.  (Read 1114 times)

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
THE COOLEST FARMER EVER.
« on: July 12, 2009, 11:37:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The most badass farmer ever to walk the dwarven mountain homes.

On a side note- "The spinning small gabbro rock strikes the grizzly bear in the lower body. It explodes into gore. It is propelled away by the force of the blow." <3.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 11:49:39 pm by zarmazarma »

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
Re: THE COOLEST FARMER EVER.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 11:49:49 pm »

Not... Really.

All combat logs look kind of impressive if you detail them, but all she did was kill a hoary marmot.

I had a metalsmith who actually beat an elephant to death, somehow. No idea how, but when i read the entirety of the log, I had to soak it in for 5 seconds just to verify that an unarmed dwarf killed a fucking elephant.
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 11:58:39 pm »

Not... Really.

All combat logs look kind of impressive if you detail them, but all she did was kill a hoary marmot.

I had a metalsmith who actually beat an elephant to death, somehow. No idea how, but when i read the entirety of the log, I had to soak it in for 5 seconds just to verify that an unarmed dwarf killed a fucking elephant.

It wasn't the fact that he/she killed a Hoary Marmot, it was the fact that, a farmer, an untrained warrior, not even a recruit, managed to with a single punch make a Hoary Marmot explode into gore. If it had slammed it into an obstacle or something I would have been like, "oh, cool." But really? The farmer made it explode with it's fist, and I found that pretty impressive.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 12:11:34 am »

For a second there i thourght it said 'horny maggot'

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 12:47:07 am »

Is that from Dwarf Companion? man, I really should get that. I'm missing out quite a bit with the combat logs I think.

HatfieldCW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 01:03:31 am »

I'm guessing that's from adventure mode, I routinely get play-by-play accounts for fights I can't even see when I'm near settlements.  One time a guard was getting beaten on by some harpies, and I wanted to help, but I couldn't find the guy,  I just kept getting updates on his brutal ordeal.  I felt so bad, like a 911 operator listening to a guy burn to death.  Here I am, with a crossbow and some good armor, running around in the woods and getting periodic updates on this guy's shattered femur.
I brake for stumble bumblings

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 03:48:43 am »

I'm guessing that's from adventure mode, I routinely get play-by-play accounts for fights I can't even see when I'm near settlements.  One time a guard was getting beaten on by some harpies, and I wanted to help, but I couldn't find the guy,  I just kept getting updates on his brutal ordeal.  I felt so bad, like a 911 operator listening to a guy burn to death.  Here I am, with a crossbow and some good armor, running around in the woods and getting periodic updates on this guy's shattered femur.
Its from Fortress mode. Dorf companion makes the combat log show
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:20:22 am by AussieGuy »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 06:51:46 am »

Its from Fortress mode. Dorf companion makes the combot log in full

What do you mean in full?

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 07:21:32 am »

Sorry, I meant it shows the combat log

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 08:00:07 am »

I find "FPS: 335" to be way cooler than the farmer. [/derail]
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Axeforgebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 09:56:09 am »

I find "FPS: 335" to be way cooler than the farmer. [/derail]
It's on the announcement screen..

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 11:57:25 am »

Here I am, with a crossbow and some good armor, running around in the woods and getting periodic updates on this guy's shattered femur.

Epic.