Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armor for custom body parts  (Read 444 times)

Krisnack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Armor for custom body parts
« on: July 11, 2009, 06:12:05 pm »

Is it possible to mod in armor that protects non-standard body parts suck as the neck or tail? Or for that matter armor for a user-created body part?

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
Re: Armor for custom body parts
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 09:23:55 pm »

From the examples of other raw files, it should be. But I when I look at the clothing I find that it is, in fact, hard-coded. Someone else might know more about the issue than me, but it looks impossible from here.
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 06:48:21 am »

Your bodyparts can be protected if they are somehow attached to upper/lowerbody (they should be). [UBSTEP:#] and
[LBSTEP:#] govern it, where # indicates "how far" is it protected.

[UBSTEP:1] makes all parts attached to upper body to be protected, [UBSTEP:2] makes all parts attached to upperbody and all parts attached to those parts to be protected. Et cetera, the more - the further will protection go.
Same with lower body.

Exception is HEAD, which should get it's own helmet. I don't think that it's possible to protect something that grows on head though, so if your creature has some limbs on it's head it's not possible to make an armor for them (or maybe they all will be protected by helmet, I don't know how it works, you should ask Toady).

If you want to protect your tail: with any armor with [LBSTEP:1] if your tail grows from the lowerbody it's protected as well as legs (i.e. leggings do it). If you have a neck on upperbody (standard creatures' neck is attached to head) then any armor which protects upper arms protects it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 11:23:20 am »

If I remember correctly, then if you have a high enough upstep on body armor then it will protect the head and things attached to it though.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.