Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: d13 interface changes - permanent?  (Read 488 times)

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
d13 interface changes - permanent?
« on: July 10, 2009, 05:29:46 pm »

Maybe I've accidentally set some option without realizing it, but I've noticed using DF ver. d13 that the command menus have changed rather substantially. Instead of listing the key command for something at the end of its line, it puts the letter at some point in the command description itself, often blanking out several other letters in the process. An imprecise example (I don't know if this is actually how it's worded, but it sums it up) would be "Build (R)oad", or more often something like "Build (R)ad". While I suppose having an actual letter in the command to associate the keystroke with as a mnemonic is kind of useful, I already have most of that down, and the new state of it makes things kind of ugly and difficult to read. Is there a way to switch this aspect back to how it was before in d11?

Talith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: d13 interface changes - permanent?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 06:06:35 pm »

I agree, I dislike the new layout.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 06:14:10 pm »

Or make it a different colour, like Blizzard does with their games
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 07:01:57 pm »

Considering how garbled it looks, it may very well be a bug, and thus completely unintentional.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 07:10:19 pm »

Make sure to post your observations/opinions in the "bugs" and/or "Suggestions" subforums - they may not get seen/read here.

But first double check that someone hasn't already brought this up, maybe in suggestions, maybe in bugs.

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 07:11:49 pm »

It looks awfully deliberate for a bug though. I mean, the key aliases are placed in place of an identical or very similar letter in the command. I'm not really making a suggestion, I'm just asking if it can be toggled back. The answer appears to be no, but I'll go take a look at the boards you mentioned.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Looks like it's being addressed as a bug over in the bugs board. Guess I should've checked there first, but it almost looked too "right" in some places. Looking at it longer though, yeah, no way this would be intentional.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 07:14:15 pm by Venatius »