Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What means the "K" symbol?  (Read 2410 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: What means the "K" symbol?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 07:39:11 pm »

Leafsnail! I know exactly what you mean. those dwarves really get their jollies from hiding from me!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 09:11:21 pm »

For some reason elves love to turn into migrants.
I'd assume it has something to do with their homes not actually existing.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 11:43:31 pm »

Yea something to do with that I think.  You notice how humans actually have a schedule and go to different buildings at different times of day?  That pretty much seems to keep them within the borders of the town.  Usually with only a few guards from time to time escaping.

Elves don't have that.  They just wander around randomly.  Which seems to result in them wandering away from the retreat at alarming speed.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 12:07:37 am »

Good point Greiger. Dwarves too have this issue. One of my most bizarre moments playing DF was when my human adventurer finally found the Dwarven King and tried to ask for a quest. He booked it east and as we had the same speed as him the chase went on for over three minutes. When he finally stopped, I asked him about service and he told me to ask when he returned home! He had become a migrant! Crazy King.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 01:35:47 am »

You could set all races to live in towns if you want an easier time:)
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 02:57:26 am »

And if you add
[LEADER_TYPE:KING]

to the human entity, human civs get a king or queen that hangs out in the keep. Much easier to get those megabeast quests.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 07:47:30 am »

And if you add
[LEADER_TYPE:KING]

to the human entity, human civs get a king or queen that hangs out in the keep. Much easier to get those megabeast quests.
Not really a problem, the human leader seems to be in the same building for about 60% of the day, and it's really not a problem finding him.  It's mainly the other civs.  The only druid I've ever met was when I had already killed about 50 elves in that retreat and the druid decided to zerg rush me.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 05:10:53 pm »

Sick; I'm going to try that yougiedeggs. But are you sure he hangs out in the keep, or did you just find him in the keep by chance and he spends the rest of his time wandering around?
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 12:42:14 am »

When I set all races to live in towns I noticed that elf shopkeepers won't buy stuff made from wood, just as in Fortress. I also found a human town that had 2 elf priests, but after a few steps all nearby human priests and peasent attacked and killed the 2 elf priests. Bad for the 2 priests, good for me sincce I got alot of stuff to sell. And my adventurer was an elf from the same civ but they where not hostile to me.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.
Pages: 1 [2]