Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [VERMINHUNTER] tag  (Read 2279 times)

Poil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [VERMINHUNTER] tag
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 07:45:48 am »

Would this work with giant cave spiders?
[DEMONLORD]

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 09:17:42 am »

I expect it would, and if so it would make them instantly fatal.

Du eet.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 01:23:54 pm »

Would this work with giant cave spiders?
First thing I thought of when I saw this. Mine are modded to be fliers (I wish there was a [CLIMBER] tag, as things get a bit silly when they're on the surface), and the flight pathing means that they aren't the single-minded killing machines I want them to be.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

a.random.persona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 12:22:26 am »

Imagine giving this tag to children dwarves. Would they then choose an owner, or because they are a dwarf and dont have the [PET] tag would they just kill the vermin? I kinda like the Idea of having dwarf children running around and killing the Vermin. Maybe I could make the children eat them too...

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 01:14:04 am »

Imagine giving this tag to children dwarves. Would they then choose an owner, or because they are a dwarf and dont have the [PET] tag would they just kill the vermin? I kinda like the Idea of having dwarf children running around and killing the Vermin. Maybe I could make the children eat them too...

Interesting thought giving dwarves [verminhunter]...I foresee problems when the game is telling them to kill things they detest(you want me to go near...THAT!?)

Try it out and let us know what happens!

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 05:12:16 am »

I once gave a civ VERMINHUNTER.  IIRC they worked fine (did normal fortress duties, hunted vermin, didn't adopt one another) except for caravans.  I recall the caravan refusing to leave the depot.  Once they arrived, they never left.

But I've slept since then.  Several hundred times.  So my memory may be off.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 06:16:16 am »

The problem is with children being not a type of creature but an age... So you have to add it to all dwarves, which can be broken.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 11:20:13 am »

I use falcons. They are so much cooler than cats, plus they can go after harder-to-catch vermin like bats and songbirds.

a.random.persona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 09:31:55 pm »

So after giving my Dwarves the [VERMINHUNTER] tag not only do they kill the vermin, but they seem to leave other tasks alone. Dont really do this unless you have a really bad infestation and want to get rid of it fast.

Stargrave

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATES_ELVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2009, 11:05:08 pm »

what i would love to see is a vermin hunter job you could give to your dwarves.
Pages: 1 [2]