Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Tileset / Idea] Tiles on engraved/smoothed surfaces (Includes pictures)  (Read 734 times)

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile

So in the 40d# releases, a tileset called PTTGV5 comes included. I really like the diagonal walls it produces, but in diagonal hallways/corridors it doesn't look too good with the floors..
The '+'es are too far spaced from each other and you don't get the feeling that they move along the walls..
Don't know how to describe it, but I was sure I could improve the feeling of the design: Smaller tiles surrounding the bigger ones; see picture.

I was on the right track, but it looks way out of place with the black background on the rest of the tiles... But these pics are from the first login after creating the image, so I was pretty happy with the results.
But I thought someone might want something like this, so Im uploading what I've done so far :) Feel free to work on :)
The tileset, the photoshop file, and the 16x16 tile image: http://drop.io/pttgv5_dmod5
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

[P]sYDoNiA

• Bay Watcher
  • Quick, Hide the Weed!
    • View Profile

It's nice... I like it!

Except for the really white background on the white coloured tiles...

Really annoys the heck outta me, but this makes my octopus fortress look really cool.

Good Job.
//The Knight of PsYDoNiA\\
\\     .:JoiN The Order:.   //