Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how do I ?  (Read 725 times)

theRH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
how do I ?
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:44:35 am »

make more creatures playable in adventure mode , if I wanted to be a dragon or a griffon or something of the sort . I imagine its in the raw ini file but I dont know what to change .

a bit of topic but in adventure if I want to look at somebody elses stats how do I do that ? like to see if the are very agile or have legendary strength . I know you press L to look at them but I cant find this information .

thanks in advance .

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: how do I ?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 09:53:50 am »

First, a link to an tutorial. It`s really easy and fun to learn. With a bit of experience you will be able to create new creatures in almost no time.

http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Modding_guide

If you want to play an dragon copy&paste the following into DwarfFortress/raw/objects/entity somewhere. Then Gen a new world.

Beware as i haven`t tested playing as an dragon yet*. I only played selfmade creatures till now. You should backup your dwarf fortress. ;)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You won`t be able to breath fire, though. Only Npc may breath fire.

*I don`t know how the game handles Megabeast on Playable creatures for example. However, whatever the result it should be fun.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 10:00:43 am by Lordinquisitor »

theRH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 12:21:46 pm »

thanks for the quick reply , so if I was to play as a dragon would they npc react to me as a dragon ? or goblin etc.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 01:43:33 pm »

You don't even need that much

Is all you need.  Replace the creature tag with what you want. It would be best to have made at least one dwarven fortress first however, as dragons can't open doors, which means if there arent any fortresses around it traps you in some random town tavern. 

This method also prevents the creation of odd civilizations full of dragons.  All this does is say dragons can be used as a play now race.  No changes to worldgen.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 01:45:11 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 07:46:55 am »

Huh? Thats cool. Tija one can always learn new things. :D

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 07:44:42 am »

Note That this does make them show up in certain amusing places. I think adding [EVIL] to the creature raw should fix that, but it has some possibly unwanted sideeffect, namely, it wont show up in any non-evil place.

Also, if you want to add more creatures, you only need to add [CREATURE:(somecreature)] after the first one.

Adding [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_CHAINMAIL:COMMON] might also be amusing.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!